Conor McGregor pub brawl claim: Dad Tony hits back and insists Kinahan cartel ‘aren’t after us’

Conor McGregor’s dad blasted claims his son was involved in a pub brawl with a gangster’s relative and said yesterday: “It’s absolute nonsense.”

Tony McGregor told the Irish Mirror the UFC star’s family had nothing to fear from the deadly Kinahan cartel and insisted no one was after them.

p:nth-of-type(2)”,”sizes”:[[8,8]],”hideOnSensitiveArticle”:true,”relativePos”:”after”,”additionalClass”:”in-article”,”name”:”div-gpt-ad-vip-slot”,”type”:”VIP”}” data-response-start=”2858.4100000000003″ data-type=”gpt” data-requested=”3987.1300000000006″ data-timer-slot-rendered=”5231.805″ data-rendered-width=”8″ data-rendered-height=”8″ data-response-end=”10159.625″ data-viewable=”true”>

His comments came after allegations that the 29-year-old was in a punch-up with a middle-aged man in a Dublin bar at the weekend.

It was claimed that the man in his 50s – whose relative has links to the Kinahan drugs gang – was punched twice in the face.

Christy-Kinahan

Christy Kinahan

And reports emerged on social media the Kinahans were seeking compensation of €900k from McGregor – thought to have earned $100million from his boxing match with Floyd Mayweather in August – and that he was under threat.

But Tony said: “That’s all nonsense, that is. Absolute nonsense. It’s an absolute nonsense story.

PROD-Conor-McGregor-at-UCD
Tony & Conor Mcgregor

“It’s grown legs and it’s getting that ridiculous – it’s become funny. We have nothing to fear here whatsoever. There’s no one after us for anything.

“We’re a law-abiding family and we’ve stayed a law-abiding family.”

Tony McGregor answered the front door of his house in a quiet estate in Lucan, West Dublin, yesterday wearing aviator-style sunglasses, a jacket and scarf.

Builders were busy at work in the house with a large van parked in the driveway and tools and tables in the front garden.

He added: “As a matter of fact, right now I’m going out to buy my TV licence. I’d view 95% of that story as nonsense and the other 5% is overly exaggerated. And that’s it.”

When asked if the gardai had been in contact, he added: “Guards have no reason to be in touch. Why would they?”

Mr McGregor also said that Conor was with his partner Dee Devlin minding their son. He added: “He’s at home with his son

“We’re all just settling down for Christmas now. I’ve just got the grandson’s presents in today, they just came in from America.

“I’ll be wrapping them, putting them under the tree for the big day. That’s it.”

There has been a lot of comment on social media from people claiming to have witnessed a fight between UFC champ McGregor and three other men.

But a barman at the pub involved has played down any such incident.

He told the Irish Mirror: “It’s a lot of s*** over nothing really. That’s all I can say to you.”

When asked if he saw the alleged fight he said: “To be honest if you don’t mind, I can’t really say much. Alright, nothing happened but this thing that’s gone on, the situation in the area, just McGregor’s being mentioned and it’s nothing got to do with [him].”

And asked if McGregor came into the pub on Sunday night he said: “I genuinely couldn’t tell you.”

Gardai have confirmed they are aware of reports linking McGregor to a fight late on Sunday but have not received a single complaint in relation to an alleged altercation.

But sources told the Irish Mirror officers were investigating CCTV footage of the alleged incident. It had been reported that a man in his 50s, who was punched twice in the face in the alleged brawl, has a relative with links to the Kinahans, although he himself is not involved in criminality.

Various publications have run stories about a “well-known Irish sports star”, also described as a “celebrity” being involved in a pub fight in Dublin with those connected to the criminal underworld.

McGregor, also known as The Notorious, fuelled rumours by posting a video of himself with his coat over his face and his hood up with the caption “The celebrity”. Meanwhile, UFC chief Dana White played down claims Conor McGregor was involved in a pub brawl.

He insisted the reports were not true adding that he has not received any information regarding McGregor’s involvement in an alleged bar fight.

He added: “I don’t think it’s true, because if it was true, it would be big. Conor can walk down the street and it’s big news now.

“If this were true, I just have to believe it would be off-the-charts crazy. If it’s true, we’ll end up finding out. I can’t chase all these things. If it’s true, we’ll get it figured out and go from there.”

Source :Irish Mirror

 

Coffee Times News

Advertisements


Categories: Latest News

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: